Saco Limited is a leading manufacturer of aluminium cosmetic components supplying several multi-national clients. Saco is primarily a pressing and anodising Company and has been in operation since 1985. The Company manufactures over 300 million cosmetic parts per year and exports over 90% globally, through distribution hubs or agencies.
Due to expansion we have the following vacancy:
Press Operator – Job Role: fixed shift – 2pm-10pm
Operating transfer presses for the production of aluminium components.
- Demonstrate the required level of proficiency in communication skills.
- Safe operation of the transfer presses.
- Responsible for the quality of the pressed components, liaising closely with QA.
- Ensures the quantities produced are correct and records the figures on the relevant log sheets.
- Replenishes the aluminium strip and feeds the new strip into the transfer press, ensuring it is the correct type and size.
- Carries out lubrication/pressing oil checks and replenishment.
- Removal of aluminium waste.
- Ensure presses and work area is clean and tidy.
- General duties or any reasonable request as required.
- Strong technical and mechanical knowledge
- good physical stamina
- Good attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organised and methodical
- Excellent communication skills
Salary: Ranging from £9.20-£10.68